Dr. Joel Hopkin is a graduate of Oregon Health & Sciences University School of Dentistry. He received his bachelors degree in the life sciences from the University of Idaho.
He completed his medical degree at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. He then completed a general surgery internship at Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas, Texas. Dr. Hopkin completed his Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Training at Baylor University Medical Center/Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, Texas.
Dr. Hopkin is a Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Hopkin has published several scientific articles and has lectured at national meetings as well as to the dental community. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
He is a clinical assistant professor in the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department at Oregon Health and Sciences University in Portland, Oregon. He is a member of the Oregon Dental Association, Oregon Medical Association, American Dental Association, Oregon Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, Western Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. He is on staff at Salem Health, Samaritan Albany General Hospital and Northbank Surgical Center.
Dr. Hopkin met his wife Cristina while attending medical school. They have two boys and one girl. His interests include fishing, skiing, outdoor and family activities.
Committees & Affiliations
- 2001-Present Advisor Member of Seattle Study Club
- 2001-Present Volunteer Medical Teams International
- 2004-Present Volunteer for Mission of Mercy Dental Clinic
- 2007-2009 Chairman Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department Salem Hospital
- 2011-Present Director Oregon Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- 2013 President Baylor Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Alumni Association
- 2015-Present Member Spear Study Club
- 2006-2007, 2016-Present Section Chief Hospital Dentistry Salem Health