Immediate Dental Implants
In addition to being today’s ideal tooth replacement method because they require fewer visits to the doctor’s office and a quicker recovery time, immediate dental implants help maintain the density and shape of the jawbone by supporting the soft tissues and facial structure of the cheeks, gums and lips. And like traditional dental implants, the end game—a beautiful new tooth—allows you to chew, eat, and smile naturally and without constraint. Depending on your needs, immediate dental implants replace:
- A complete arch of missing teeth, using bridges or dentures.
- Multiple missing teeth in conjunction with a bridge.
- A single missing tooth.
How Dental Implants Work—New Teeth in Record Time
Drs. Howerton, Hopkin, Kennedy and Clark surgically place implants—root replacements made of titanium—in the jawbone, below the gum line. The titanium integrates with the bone through a process called Osseointegration. When it comes to tooth replacement options, the ability that bone has to fuse with an artificial material ensures an unmatched stability. Once the implant is carefully placed, we fix a crown, bridge or denture to the abutment that has been attached to the titanium implant.
Benefits of an Immediate Dental Implant
The advanced technical process of an immediate implant reduces the number of surgeries necessary to complete your treatment. This means fewer office visits and less time required to heal. If you are a candidate for an immediate implant, Drs. Howerton, Hopkin, Kennedy and Clark are able to extract the tooth and place the dental implant, any necessary bone grafting and the healing abutment all within the same procedure. Your final crown will be ready for placement after a three to six-month healing period.
Ready to Restore Your Smile?
Contact our office today to schedule an appointment!
Am I a candidate for immediate dental implants?
There are a variety of factors that can indicate whether or not immediate implants are the best option for you. Our expert implantogists can easily evaluate your mouth and determine the health of your jaw and if you would be a candidate for immediate dental implants. If any of the following is true for you, you may benefit from dental implants. You have:
- Fillings or crowns that do not stay in place.
- A tooth that has significant decay.
- Cracked or broken teeth.
- A partial denture or full dentures.
Immediate Dental Implants: A Quick Process
- Consultation and Treatment Plan: We begin the process by gathering medical and dental histories to ensure we have a complete picture of your current health. Next, we discuss treatment options with you and form a plan that meets both your health goals and budgetary needs.
- Extraction + Bone Grafting + Implant Placement: Combining the customary three steps of traditional dental implants into only one, immediate dental implants allow our doctors to remove the tooth in question and place the implant at the same time of extraction. If your jawbone lacks adequate mass, we will perform a bone graft to strengthen the target area before placing a titanium screw into your jawbone. At this time, our doctors fix an abutment to the implant which will eventually attach to the final crown restoration. You will be anesthetized during the one-hour surgery.
- Osseointegration: We let the freshly placed implant sit for 3-6 months so that it can fuse with the bone.
- Final Restoration: Once the implant has fully integrated with the bone, your general dentist will attach the final crown at a subsequent visit.
How much do immediate dental implants cost?
In the long run, immediate dental implants may be your most cost-effective teeth replacement option because they tend to outlast alternative approaches, such as bridges and dentures, by decades. This increased longevity makes implants the more affordable choice overall. And immediate implants require fewer visits to the office, saving you time and money. We offer financing options and go out of our way to help our patients navigate their insurance policies. We want to do everything within our power to ensure you get the smile you’ve always wanted.
Dr. Howerton, Dr. Hopkin, Dr. Kennedy & Dr. Clark, as well as our highly trained staff, have undergone extensive training and education in immediate dental implant placement. We are proud to offer a safe, comfortable and affordable oral surgery experience to our patients. Call us at one of our offices to get started on your journey. We look forward to providing you with the support, guidance, and expertise you deserve.
Schedule You Consultation Today!
Drs. Howerton, Hopkin, Kennedy & Clark as well as their highly trained staff have undergone extensive training and education in immediate dental implant placement.