Meet Dr. Howerton
He then completed a one year general practice residency at Loma Linda Medical Center. After this he returned to Oregon and completed his Oral & Maxillofacial training at Oregon Health & Sciences University.
Dr. Howerton is a Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Dr. Howerton has published numerous scientific articles and is active in lecturing for the dental community. He became a diplomate of the American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery in 1991.
He is active in the Oregon Dental Association. He is a member of the American Dental Association, American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons, Western Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, and the Oregon Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons. He is on staff at several local hospitals and clinics. He is a clinical assistant professor in the Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Department at Oregon Health & Sciences University in Portland, Oregon.
Dr. Howerton is the proud father of three boys including twins. His interests include basketball, traveling, snow skiing, fly fishing, kayaking, biking, and family activities.
Committees & Affiliations
- 1993-1995 Chairman Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery department Salem Hospital
- 1997-1999 President Oregon Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- 1999-2004 Trustee for MPY to Oregon Dental Association
- 2000-2002 Oregon Dental Association Executive Committee
- 2003-2005 Chairman Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery department Salem Hospital
- 2007-2008 Chairman American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Commission on Professional Conduct
- 2006-2007 President Western Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- 2007-2013 Vice Chairman ODS Insurance Company Board of Directors
- 2013-2017 Board Member NORDIC
- 2014-2017 Member Board of Directors Ardon Health
- 2009-Present Delegate to American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- 2013-Present Chairman MODA Health Insurance Company
- 2013-Present Board Member Payless LTP