Schedule A Tele-Dentistry Consultation
If you currently have an exam scheduled, you will be getting a call from us to ensure you are healthy/not experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 prior to coming into the office. Emergent Dental care is best in-person and we will be fully staffed and open for patient care. If you have any cold symptoms, please stay home. Coronavirus can appear like a mild cold for many people, but can be deadly for higher risk people. Let’s all do our part to protect each other.
Virtual visits are new to our practice, and we appreciate your patience as we learn the ropes.
Your insurance will be billed in the same manner as an in-person visit.
What Is Teledentistry?
Teledentistry is an innovative way to access convenient dental care when you need it most, using your computer, tablet, or phone. Similar to telemedicine, it’s like a dental visit that takes place online. It works like a video call: our team will be able to see you, take a look at whatever issue you’re experiencing, and counsel you through a dental emergency, consultation for treatment or concern.
Our Oral Surgeons can provide any of the following services through our teledentistry platform:
- Consultations regarding recommended or desired treatment
- New patient consultations
- Medical advice about swelling, broken teeth, or soft tissue lesions
Teledentistry is an easy, convenient, and safe way to access high-quality, personalized care from wherever you are.
How Does It Work?
Setting up an e-visit is easy. First, you’ll need to request an appointment.
Here is our preferred flow for virtual visits:
- Call our Salem office and schedule a virtual visit, or use the form to request an appointment here.
- We’ll ask you to fill out the patient registration forms answering questions about your medical history and demographics so we’ll have the information we need to treat you. These are the same forms you would fill out before a traditional visit in our office.
- Our insurance coordinators will verify your insurance coverage and notify you prior to your appointment of any amounts you will owe.
- You will receive reminder notifications via text and/or email prior to your appointment. Please confirm your appointment in these notifications.
- A few minutes before your scheduled time, you will receive a call from our front office specialists, to collect any co-pays or amounts due for your exam. You may also schedule a tentative surgery at this time.
- Next, log on to the website: https://doxy.me/hhkcoregonoms – Here is a short informational video to walk you through the process: https://youtu.be/yJf9N9sjDLI
- The web browsers Google Chrome or Firefox are preferred. This can be done on your smartphone or any computer with a camera and microphone. If possible, use your smartphone.
- You will enter a “virtual waiting room” and the visit will start around the scheduled time.
Why the Implementation of Teledentistry?
As we continue to face the challenges of COVID-19, caring for our patients remains our top priority as we support our dental community and patients in new ways. The COVID-19 pandemic has led to an extraordinary increase in telehealth. Teledentistry will allow our practice to continue serving patients in a HIPAA-compliant manner during this challenging time. Our goal is to:
- Provide continuity of care to our most vulnerable patients who cannot leave their homes.
- Protect providers from being exposed to sick patients.
- Offer alternative care option when most patients are under social distancing regulations.
- Provide our practice with an opportunity to continue to engage our patients and community as in-person consults are decreasing.